[Sca-cooks] Peter Short was sweet almonds

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Wed Jul 22 09:45:56 PDT 2009

In terms of bibliography and sources,
Peter Short is a printer and/or bookseller.
The 1607 book should be able to be identified with more information
in the original Pollard & Redgrave's Short-/Title Catalogue.
Or in the /ESTC. If nothing else you should be able to turn up
a STC (short title catalogue) number which will identify the work.

Peter Short is really quite famous as he is the printer associated with some
of Hugh Plat's volumes such as:

/The nevv and admirable arte of setting of corne with all the necessarie
tooles and other circumstances belonging to the same: the particular
titles whereof, are set downe in page the following./ , Imprinted at
London : By Peter Short, dwelling at the signe of the Starre on
Bredstreet hill, 1600.

/Delightes for ladies to adorne their persons, tables, closets and
distillatories. With beauties, banquets, perfumes and waters./ , At
London : Printed by Peter Short, 1603.

 He also printed music, historical, and religious works.

Johnnae