[Sca-cooks] Peter Short was sweet almonds

Alexandria Doyle garbaholic at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 10:41:38 PDT 2009

I'm working from a photocopy/print of an original of this book.  It
was real ...interesting typing out what was written, since in some
places the print is faded, the various characters and conventions of
the type of the period.

And yes, I put the wrong date originally as I double check myself,
1603, 1603, 1603...

Hugh Plat's name wasn't mentioned that I saw, but I will look again.
It's been a while since I looked the whole thing over and my quick
look at the title page the other night could have been more thorough.

thanks
alex
.

> /Delightes for ladies to adorne their persons, tables, closets and
> distillatories. With beauties, banquets, perfumes and waters./ , At London :
> Printed by Peter Short, 1603.
>
> He also printed music, historical, and religious works.
>
> Johnnae
>
> Alexandria Doyle wrote:
>>
>> Good morning,
>> I am working to redact a couple of perfume recipes (for gloves), one
>> from Markham's Good house wife, 1615 and another book dated 1607,
>> published by Peter Short- no other author noted.  I have a couple of
>> similar recipes from the 1670's for comparison.  snipped

So much to do and so little attention span to get it done with…