[Sca-cooks] chestnuts, sloes and rotabaga

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Jun 6 19:14:15 PDT 2009

Elisande mentioned:
<<< I am also now delving into the *seasonal* aspect of
planning by looking for recipies including chestnuts or chestnut flour,
sloes and rotabaga...first weekend of december.. >>>

This Florilegium file in the FOOD section might be of use:
chestnuts-msg     (36K)  1/20/08    Medieval harvesting and use of
chestnuts.
                                        Roasting. Recipes.

While using the search engine might find some info on the sloe and
rotabaga, I don't remember too many discussions on these particular
fruits/vegetables. I'm not sure if I've ever seen them in the stores
here.

There is this file on the seasonality of foods, but I'm not sure how
big a help it will be to you on local seasons.
food-seasons-msg  (18K)  5/ 3/08  When various foods were in season.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com