[Sca-cooks] books on recipes in spain

Jennifer Couch okwldflwr at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 20:14:20 PDT 2009

I dont speak it myself but my husband does and is very willing to interpret.

Thanks!
Antonia

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 6:22 PM, Robin Carroll-Mann
<rcarrollmann at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 7:05 PM, Jennifer Couch<okwldflwr at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Well, Im just starting period cooking, so I am just
> > working on recipes.
>
> You already been given a good list of resources.  A few are not
> available in English.  Do you read Spanish?
>
> One that I didn't see mentioned is the Manual de Mujeres, a 15/16th
> century household manual.  Much of it is cosmetic/medicinal recipes,
> but there's some food recipes, too.  The Spanish is here:
> http://www.cervantesvirtual.com/FichaObra.html?Ref=414
> and an English translation is here:
> http://www.larsdatter.com/manual.htm
>
> And if you have questions, ask.  Someone here is likely to know.
>
> --
> Brighid ni Chiarain
> My NEW email is rcarrollmann at gmail.com

If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready,
we shall never begin.--Ivan Turgenev

View my blog at  http://sarait.blogspot.com/