[Sca-cooks] salt cod

Susanne Mayer susanne.mayer5 at chello.at
Sat Jun 20 01:55:24 PDT 2009

is saltcod the same as Stockfish (HARD dried Fish) or Klippfisch (Hard
salted dried fish). fish generic as I do not know what fish is usually
salted in what part of the known Lands (it could be cod, ling, haddock or
pollack)

Bacalao is and was a a nice dish made in venice and also is still made in
Portugal and Spain (Bacalhau). I real love it and it would make a good
winter dish too.
Here in austria, thanks to the Asien, African  and Middleeastern foodshops,
it is possible to get salted fish in greater numbers. I have not checked
prices yet.

and the spanish/italien cookbooks out there (as well as the florilegium)
should have some recipes you can use.

Regards
Katharina