[Sca-cooks] An overlooked feast day of culinary significance...

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Fri Jun 26 08:14:57 PDT 2009

In a message dated 6/26/2009 10:32:40 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
adamantius1 at verizon.net writes:

<<Well, enjoy your cherries, your compost, and your herring!>>

No compost or herring here, but we did in fact pick the cherries off my
friend's period cherry tree in his cloister garden on June 24th, and didn't
realize till later the significance of the date.  There weren't a ton of them,
but there will be enough (they've been pitted and frozen) for another Crust
of Tame Creatures at Pennsic this year.

I believe I was told that it is a Montmorency cherry.

Brangwayna Morgan
Shire of Silver Rylle, East Kingdom
Lancaster, PA
**************Stay connected and tighten your budget with a great mobile