[Sca-cooks] salt cod

Arianwen ferch Arthur caer_mab at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 19 20:13:57 PDT 2009

For what it is worth, I have seen salt cod (salted fish at any rate) just out in the market in Naples.

I also saw cod drying on the racks the summer I was in the Lofoten islands.  So I would say there should be a relatively cheap source of Salt cod available in Europe.

Now, if purchasing the salt cod (now when found)  would one need to do anything special to store it until December?

Arianwen ferch Arthur (who was always the one to prepare the shrimp for special things as momma knew I wouldn't eat it up!)
"Outside of a dog a book is man's best friend. And inside of a dog it's too dark to read." G. Marx