[Sca-cooks] salt cod

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Jun 21 23:24:15 PDT 2009

Adamantius replied to me with:

<<< On Jun 21, 2009, at 12:28 AM, Stefan li Rous wrote:

 > So until I can get around to reorganizing it, this file in the
 > Florilegium contains information on stockfish (dried fish), salted
 > fish, lutefisk, pickled fish, lefse

Okay, but lefse is a flatbread/pancake type thing, and lutefisk is a
preparation of dried fish, not a dried fish itself. If that makes a
difference. >>>

Oops. Correct. That's what I get for quickly glancing through the file
to see what kinds of various preserved types of fish are in the file.
I think I had glanced at this paragraph without reading it in detail:
===
Subject: Re: SC - lutefish

gypsy1 wrote:

Lefse is an unleavened pancake made from a soft dough, rather than from
a batter. Depending on what grain or other starch they are made from
===

But the file is meant to include recipes and things they did with the
stockfish, so that is why lutefisk and recipes for lutefisk are in
that file. I suspect those items made from stockfish will stay in this
file, even when I pull the pickled fish and the smoked fish to go
elsewhere. But some fish were dried and smoked, which is what makes
this trying to categorize things difficult.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com