[Sca-cooks] OOP Question: Baked Fish

rattkitten rattkitten at bellsouth.net
Mon Jun 29 09:07:30 PDT 2009

I'll leave period to others since I don't have anything on hand but off
the top of my head....
Take Cucumbers and peel them leaving them whole,
Using a Mandolin set with the smallest "Julienne" setting possible,
shave the cucumber down into thin "noodles" stopping just at the seeds.
(You don't want the seeds...) (Well ok we do eat that part but usually
while cooking ;) )
Anyways repeat that until you have a pile of "noodles"
Set the oven temperature to whatever you think will cook the salmon and
not burn the noodles later...
Using a pan that can go into the oven, sautee the cucumber noodles in
olive oil until slightly done... plop the salmon on top
(Oh sorry season with salt pepper garlic powder etc... whatever you
like) then plop it on top.
Remove from heat and place in oven... cook until the salmon is just
done... almost under done...
Remove from oven.  (Turn off oven Hey I forget sometimes...)
Return the pan to the stove top and add in Tzatziki (or however that is
spelled)
Oh yeah sorry 3 days before you make this dish make some tzatziki sauce...
Ok Now dump that over the whole thing and add in fresh herbs and
garlic.....
Cover and heat for another 5 minutes....
This makes the salmon absolutely tender and perfectly done and heats the
sauce perfectly
Salt and pepper as desired...
Enjoy

IT is what we are eating tonight.