[Sca-cooks] OOP Question: Baked Fish

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 29 09:21:02 PDT 2009

Mmmm, Huette should mark this one for Hroar, who has been on a tzatziki
kick lately.

Myself:  cruise through the Penzeys.com web site and just about any for
there excellent spice blends would work well for grilling the fish
outdoors, where it won't leave a reminder inside the house.  :-)  Fox
Run Seasoning, Turkish Seasoning and the deceptively-simply-named
Sandwich Sprinkle would be favorites.

Cheers,
Selene

rattkitten wrote:
> I'll leave period to others since I don't have anything on hand but
> off the top of my head....
> Take Cucumbers and peel them leaving them whole,
> Using a Mandolin set with the smallest "Julienne" setting possible,
> shave the cucumber down into thin "noodles" stopping just at the
> seeds.  (You don't want the seeds...) (Well ok we do eat that part but
> usually while cooking ;) )
> Anyways repeat that until you have a pile of "noodles"
> Set the oven temperature to whatever you think will cook the salmon
> and not burn the noodles later...
> Using a pan that can go into the oven, sautee the cucumber noodles in
> olive oil until slightly done... plop the salmon on top
> (Oh sorry season with salt pepper garlic powder etc... whatever you
> like) then plop it on top. Remove from heat and place in oven... cook
> until the salmon is just done... almost under done...
> Remove from oven.  (Turn off oven Hey I forget sometimes...)
> Return the pan to the stove top and add in Tzatziki (or however that
> is spelled)
> Oh yeah sorry 3 days before you make this dish make some tzatziki
> sauce...
> Ok Now dump that over the whole thing and add in fresh herbs and
> garlic.....
> Cover and heat for another 5 minutes....
> This makes the salmon absolutely tender and perfectly done and heats
> the sauce perfectly
> Salt and pepper as desired...
> Enjoy
>
> IT is what we are eating tonight.
>
> Nichola
>

>>> Although I'll take period suggestions as well :)
>>>

>>> So I'd like to hear from our marvelous chefs here recommendations
>>> for fast,
>>> easy, simple ways to prepare baked fish, and different types of fish
>>> that
>>> someone who has pretty much been limited to eating catfish and trout
>>> would
>>> like.  Period suggestions would be a bonus, but since this is for my