[Sca-cooks] New book on the history of German cuisine

emilio szabo emilio_szabo at yahoo.it
Sun Mar 1 14:39:36 PST 2009

> Apparently the author has also written one titled
> /Kulturgeschichte/ der italienischen K?che
>
> Do you know if they are  the same format?
>
> Johnnae
> emilio szabo wrote:
> > There is a new (well, 2008) book on the history of German cuisine:
> >
> > Peter Peter, Kulturgeschichte der deutschen K?che, M?nchen, C.H. Beck, 2008.

I have only started to read the German one. The Italian one looks good as well.

You can have a glance at both books at the http://books.google.com website using the search words

peter kulturgeschichte kueche

E.g., here is a picture of a 15th century market scene:

http://books.google.com/books?id=UVCKFzgcgS8C&printsec=frontcover&dq=peter+kulturgeschichte+kueche&hl=de#PPA45,M1

E.