[Sca-cooks] food allergies, life choices, issues

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Thu Mar 5 11:47:09 PST 2009

Provide a list of all recipes and all ingredients, so people can determine
if the want to eat the feast.  Ask people to notify you of any dietary
issues in advance so you can determine how you want to handle the issue.  If
they don't contact you, on their head be it.  For people whose allergies are
known, warn them in advance of the dishes to avoid.

Create a varied menu so that people can avoid their food problems and still
feel full.  If you feel it is warranted, produce a few modified dishes or
drinks, that will meet the medical needs.  I most commonly do this for
diabetics.

Follow safe cooking practices to avoid cross contamination.

I often prepare dishes I don't like for other people's pleasure.  In the
case of a feast, I usually work to a theme and/or a time and place and my
menu planning takes into account the tastes of my "patrons."

Bear