[Sca-cooks] Historic Recipe in 2009 Herb Quarterly

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Thu Mar 12 11:57:46 PDT 2009

I think a copy of the recipe should be out in the Florilegium as we went
over this early on in the history of the list.

Cato's recipe calls for 2 pounds of finely ground cheese to one pound of
fine flour.  Work the flour and cheese together add an egg as a binder then
shape it into a loaf.  place it on top of bay leaves and bake under a testo
(clay dome oven) on a hot hearth.

Bear