[Sca-cooks] lunch suggestions

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Mon Mar 30 08:34:28 PDT 2009

>Good vegetarian pies: Tarte in Ember Day (onion), spinache, pea and
>artichoke. (Yeah, sounds odd, but tastes good.) Less period, but
>very tasty - pork and apple pie, which is good hot and cold.
>
>(No I don't have documentation. I sell the books, I don't read
>'em....joke, it's a joke, really it's a joke.)

Since it's a joke ... any idea where the spinache, pea and artichoke
pie is from? I have a vague memory of a reference to artichokes in a
late period English source. It's a period vegetable--I think supposed
to have been bred from the cardoon well before the end of our
period--but I don't think it appears much in recipies I know.
--
David/Cariadoc
www.daviddfriedman.com