[Sca-cooks] Lunch more info

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Mon Mar 30 19:15:13 PDT 2009

Oh... since the event has a feast you'll want to coordinate what you serve
with the feast cook. It isn't a good idea to duplicate the same dishes
at lunch
and dinner. A number of English Tudor-Elizabethan cookbooks are online
at http://www.medievalcookery.com/etexts.html

You might start with those. One of the best books on the topic is out of
stock/out of print.
But It's well worth interlibrary loaning-- that would be
Peter Brears' *All the King's Cooks. **The Tudor Kitchens of King Henry
VIII at Hampton Place.
You might like the Tudor Cooks Blog at http://tudorcook.blogspot.com/
It's by the guys who cook at Hampton Court Palace.
This year it's all Tudor, all year.

Johnnae
*