[Sca-cooks] Lunch more info

tudorpot at gmail.com tudorpot at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 18:57:34 PDT 2009

Thanks for all your responses. FYI- the event will have a feast later,
so I expect to have minimal access to the kitchen and plan to do almost
all prep at my home prior to the event. The lunch will be served inside,
so I don't have to deal with weather, bugs etc.

I am a fairly experienced cook, but have not fed large numbers before.
That being said, I have done event planning in the past and have
reasonably good organisational skills.
 >From reading files at the Florigarium (sp?) it appears to be better to
have food 'put together" ie meat  already on buns - in order to better
manage portions. I like the idea of meat/cheese pies. The event is going
to be Tudor themed. As I'm new to all of this, I will have to do some
reading to find out more about what this means in terms of food. Links
would be appreciated.

I don't have any period herbs and spices- but do have an extensive
collection of modern herbs and spices. I can get to Toronto and perhaps
ask other members if they have certain herbs/spices if they come up in
the recipes I choose.

Re the napkins etc- I will have to ask- good question. There are a few
places to get a snack near the site. My orders are to make enough for
50- once that number of tokens are sold, lunch is sold out.  Some people
will bring their own lunches.

Theodora