[Sca-cooks] cracked ginger? almond milk

Amy Cooper amy.s.cooper at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 06:22:39 PDT 2009

I would have liked to provide a link for Penzey's cracked ginger, but
their site is not working for me from work. Here's a link to a
different store's cracked ginger:
http://www.savoryspiceshop.com/spices/gingercrckd.html  It seems to be
dried ginger in chunks, instead of ground fine. I found it first in
the spice cupboard when looking for any sort of ginger on the weekend,
so in it went.

And yes, I know I could make my own almond milk. However, there are a
few nut allergies in our shire, so something like rice milk is a safer
choice. If I was cooking for an event's feast, I would use my own
almond milk, but try to keep it to one or two dishes max in the feast.
It would be nice if I could find rice milk without emulsifiers and
such, but heck, I couldn't even find vegan wonton wrappers in this
town.

Ilsebet