[Sca-cooks] Honey Butter

Gretchen Beck grm at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Mar 30 18:54:36 PDT 2009

(This should be a reply, but I accidentally deleted the original message).

About resturants serving honey butter in the late 1960s -- I got to
thinking, back in the mid-60s, when I was a Brownie, wasn't honey butter a
long time girl scout tradition?  I did a google book search and found this:

 Cooking out-of-doors: fire building, outdoor kitchens, cookout hikes, food
...‎ - Page 70
by Girl Scouts of the United States of America - Outdoor cookery - 1946 -
123 pages

Honey Butter Vi lb. butter 1 pt. honey Cream butter, warm honey and beat it
until clear and creamy. Combine butter and honey and beat until well mixed.

So, I'm thinking that honey butter may be something picked up from scouting
rather than imitating resturant food. (Or, perhaps it came from both either
separately or individually)

toodles, margaret