[Sca-cooks] food allergies, life choices, issues

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Mar 6 22:25:24 PST 2009

<<< Also,  how often do you make a dish you can't stand just because
it is a good/period dish and you know others will enjoy it?>>>

To which Ranvaig replied:
<<< I am personally vegetarian, but the feasts and meals that I
cooked include meat, as would be appropriate for the time.   I
remember to cook for those that are fasting too, as a medieval cook
would have.>>>

So how do you get around not tasting the non-vegetarian food? Or do
your beliefs/health allow you to taste small amounts of these items
during preparing them?

Stefan

--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas