[Sca-cooks] Grilled Tuna - recipe for my upcoming feast

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Tue Mar 10 16:17:37 PDT 2009

On Mar 10, 2009, at 6:52 PM, Euriol of Lothian wrote:

> Oh geez! I knew I forgot something in the sauce! LOL. It would
> probably give
> an extra richness to it as well!

And then, the recipe does call it a light sauce, so I suspect
thickening with a little oil beaten in is probably closer to the
original method of blending the ingredients than reducing them would
be. Just a hunch...

> This is definitely one that I'll revisit a few times over the next
> couple of
> months (and afterwards). It's delicious, nutritious and healthy!
>
> Ok... why do I feel like I'm suddenly channeling Rachel Ray?

Well, channel her away from me, please. In certain respects I have old-
fashioned ideas about whom I slug, and I'd like to retain those ideas.

> (and yes, I
> cooked it all in under 30 minutes).

Cool!

I think there's a lot of what modern cooks would classify as "a la
minute" in the various medieval repertoires, stuff we rarely bother
with at feasts because it's hard to get 240 portions of them out all
at the same time, hot and fresh. When you do get the opportunity,
though, it's magnificent.

I'm doing a dayboard (sort of) in a couple of weeks that'll include a
fair number of quickly-cooked dishes; I'll be knocking together 65-80
portions of things, just one or two dishes at a time, all day
(switching to sweets for the evening banquette table late in the day),
without too much of a timetable to meet. I'm expecting to have an
absolute blast, and there'll probably be a certain amount of food
flying around the kitchen.

I'm going to see if I can get the Evil Spawn to come and get some of
it on video...

But huzzah on the tuna! All our groups should be eating more seafood,
I feel, and it sounds like you treated it with the reverence it
deserves.

Adamantius

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter