[Sca-cooks] Whoopie whatever

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Wed Mar 18 19:38:40 PDT 2009

On Mar 18, 2009, at 9:58 PM, Johnna Holloway wrote:

> Well they aren't twinkies, but perhaps they will do
> for this party on while someone is away--
>
> Whoopie! Cookie, Pie or Cake, It's Having Its Moment
> <http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/18/dining/18whoop.html?ref=dining>
> By MICHELINE MAYNARD
> NYTimes
> http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/18/dining/18whoop.html?_r=1&ref=dining
>
> There's even a recipe for making them at home.

FWIW, for the truly dedicated, you can even find the 1930's
Marshmallow Fluff cookbook, whose name escapes me as I crunch menu
numbers for Saturday (The Yummy Book???), alleged in the article to be
a likely source for the first written recipe for Whoopie Pies, online
in pdf format.

Adamantius, thinking about too many things at once

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter