[Sca-cooks] Whoopie whatever

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Thu Mar 19 04:14:15 PDT 2009

Zingerman's is selling their version for $2.99 apiece which makes me think
that making them at home would be cheaper.
Of course I made Shirley Corriher's
refashioned Tunnel of Fudge bundt cake this week.
She has a version of the recipe in her new book Bakewise.
The recipe calls for sugar, brown sugar, powdered sugar,
lots of butter, cocoa, and two and half cups of pecans.
The original cake was pretty easy, a box of frosting, and lots of beating.
This one was more time intensive.
(See http://www.nytimes.com/2004/12/28/science/28rbake1.html
for a version of the recipe from 2004.)
The son tried the cake and pronounced
it as too rich; the husband tried it and said it wasn't his thing. I
ended up
sending the cake minus two small slices into his workplace where
I gather it was much appreciated by his staff.
Maybe dietwise it's a good thing that it was a too rich failure.

Johnnae