[Sca-cooks] OT- Peerage Oaths

S CLEMENGER sclemenger at msn.com
Tue Mar 24 06:09:44 PDT 2009

I don't believe we have any MoAs (currently) in Artemisia, but we also don't
have a kingdom culture that discourages them.  All peers here are given the
opportunity to swear fealty if they choose.  This usually happens at each
Coronation, and some kings will separate the Chiv out from the rest of the
peers, but many don't.  It's kingdom custom for members of the non-chiv
peerages, who are in fealty, to where the doodad of their order suspended
from a (small-linked) plain, gold chain(dunno if it's actually written into
our "official" customs or not).
We also swear fealty when we're first elevated.
Heck, non-titled members of the populace can swear fealty here.....
--Maire (Aten laurel, Artemisian pelican)