[Sca-cooks] lunch ideas- feedback

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Sun Mar 29 09:21:12 PDT 2009

$2-3 per person is workable.

June and warm, I'm going to assume this is going to be a tourney lunch with
limited kitchen.  I would consider melon, fruit compost, cold relatively
thinly sliced meat (beef roast or ham, you need roughly 12-13 pounds),
pepper sauce, garlic sauce and mustard for the meat, a soup (say, zanzarelli
or a brodo of chickpeas), two types of tart or torte (sweet spinach and
bolognese, perhaps, 7 each), assorted breads (15-16 pounds, cut before
serving for protion control).  All of this can be prepared in advance and,
other than the soup which would need to be reheated, served cold.

The mustard and compost need to be prepared well in advance so the flavors
will meld.  Bread can be baked a couple days ahead.  If you do roast, cook
it medium rare and slice it just before serving to keep it from drying out.

Bear