[Sca-cooks] Looking for a Fire pit

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Sat May 2 11:00:09 PDT 2009

Eduardo wrote:
>Can anyone help me with where to get a good sized (Medieval or Renaissance
>looking) firepit?
>It is the one thing or two things I need for the summer camping season. The
>other being a small trailer.
>I would like something I can cook on and possibly have a small fire in the
>evenings.

Here's the classic "West Kingdom fire pit".
http://midtown.net/dragonwing/firepit.htm

Since we can't have ground fires, this is very popular - it is collapsible, portable, and takes less room in the vehicle than a honkin' hyoog round fire pit or barbecue.

Besides the low grill in the photo, many Westerners use a grill suspended a bit higher up, too.

Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita