[Sca-cooks] Spices in meals: a thought and a question

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Sun May 3 16:03:37 PDT 2009

Brangwayna Morgan wrote:

>  My thought on this is, WE think that smelly people are disgusting and don't
>  want to eat around them, but that's because it's unusual for us to smell
> other's  body odor to that degree.  In the unwashed, smelly society you are
> suggesting, such a smell would be perfectly normal and probably not viewed
> as so  unusually noxious  as to prevent being able to eat.

I do not think that necessarily true. I find Portuguese smell different
from Spaniards because their olive oil smells different. Latins may
think that northerners stink cause they eat lard. I am not talking about
unwashed society but what societies eat and body smells produced because
of it.  Different parts of Morocco are also another experience as is
Mexico etc. Once my father had to take the metro in Madrid and came out
saying all Madrilenos eat garlic. We never let him take the metro again!
Suey