[Sca-cooks] Root Vegetable Storage

K C Francis katiracook at hotmail.com
Tue May 5 14:29:41 PDT 2009

I have been doing research on 'winter gardening' for my community garden and one of the ways to have fresh veggies during the winter is a take on the old root cellar.  Grow your root crops to maturity, leave in the ground and if necessary, mulch well to protect from frosts.  Just dig up what you need when you need it.  I am going to try it with carrots and perhaps parsnips.  The only dark/dry/cool place I have in my condo is the under-stair closet and that is where I store my WINE!

Katira