[Sca-cooks] I is in teh East Kingdom! -- plus, a digression on the Rochester Garbage Plate

Ginny Beatty ginbeatty at gmail.com
Wed May 6 06:14:03 PDT 2009

The chili sauce for the hot dogs in Central New York is an interesting
phenomenon. I have an aunt and uncle in Wellsville, NY and there's a
restaurant in town known as Texas Hot. The sauce on the hot dog is to
me, reminiscent of Cincinnati Chili (more specifically Skyline Chili).
More cinnamon and cumin than cayenne. The brothers who run the
restaurant are Greek as well as the founders of Skyline Chili (the
Lambrinides brothers). Hmm....coincidence?

Gwyneth