[Sca-cooks] choucroute garni?

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Wed May 6 11:00:41 PDT 2009

On May 6, 2009, at 1:22 PM, Georgia Foster wrote:

> ok ... so ... what do you add to it besides bratwurst and sourkraut?

I did a little fusion, and added onion, cider, and some soaked, dried
mushrooms and their soaking liquid. Also some chicken stock.

Ham hocks (or better yet, pigs' knuckles) would have been ideal, but I
had none, so I put in two chunked fresh pig's feet and, later, some
ham cut into ~1" cubes, and a little Polish kabanosy (this is a long,
skinny smoked/dried sausage, flavored with pepper and garlic -- good
for soups and such, but technically meant for eating out of hand).

The bratwursts were cooked separately and served on top.

Adamantius

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter