[Sca-cooks] seaweed

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed May 6 20:58:01 PDT 2009

Ian of Oertha asked:

<<< I've been trying something I heard discussed (can't remember
where, might
have been this list; I do note an earlier message about dulse), and
that is
trying seaweed in my food.

The stuff I have is fairly thick, and thoroughly dried, and I've been
using
it in soups, so I have some questions.

1.) how period is it?
2.) how many ways are there to use it? (examples?)
3.) is anyone allergic (that we know of)?

We had a recent conversation here on this and it is now in this
Florilegium file in the PLANTS, HERBS AND SPICES section. I think the
answers to some of your questions can be found in there.

seaweed-msg       (22K)  4/29/09    Use of seaweed as food and for
other uses.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas