[Sca-cooks] pate, terrine and rillettes?

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Thu May 7 08:49:40 PDT 2009

I suspect that period forcemeat recipes could potentially be used to make a
terrine...first cousin to a pate, but with ground meat.  I haven't actually
tried to locate a period recipe for one, but have a recipe that I adapted
from a combination of information from a French cookbook and a terrine
recipe from the Frugal Gourmet (remember him???), if anyone is interested.
I served it once at a Coronation feast as a periodoid kind of thing and got
a liver-hating King to eat it and enjoy it!!

Kiri

Thus saith Doc: