[Sca-cooks] May wine

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Fri May 8 06:34:40 PDT 2009

On May 8, 2009, at 9:17 AM, devra at aol.com wrote:

> I only tasted May wine once, many years ago. It was pretty nice. Now
> I've just planted a sweet woodruff in one of my herb pots, so I
> wondered... what kind of wine? approximately how much herb? how long
> to soak together?

There ism in fact, a May wine Wiki page (not to be confused with the
May Wine page, which concerns a musical):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_wine

It says, among other things, that sweet woodruff is mildly poisonous,
but 3 grammes (is a gramme a gram?) of woodruff per liter of wine is
within reasonable limits.

I'm sort of assuming they mean the dried herb, and I have no idea how
long it infuses. I guess if you're within that safe window you can
experiment a bit on infusion times.

Adamantius

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter