[Sca-cooks] OT / OOP - mystery object

Ian Kusz sprucebranch at gmail.com
Thu May 21 13:51:54 PDT 2009

Actually, that thing looks familiar.  It looks almost exactly like a tool we
used for pulling hot trays out of a (commercial-sized) oven.  That size, I
think, would be used for pizza trays.  The handles would have to be hooked
for anything much heavier (though, for the really big trays, you can use
two), or it'd slide out of your hand.

The sort of hooky part inside near the fulcrum is where the lip of the pan
fits....the thing is flat, because the pan is flat, and you don't want to
bend your pan.

If I'm thinking of the right tool, of course.  I don't remember ours being
toothy.....it sure looks the same, though.

Could be something similar, like to form pie crust edges....

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 1:34 PM, <chawkswrth at aol.com> wrote:

> I just had one of the doctors look at it and he said it is a retractor, but
> not a medical or dental one. (can you imagine that in your mouth?)
> I wonder if it could have been something for preparing wood, such as
> peeling back bark?
>
> Helen

Ian of Oertha