[Sca-cooks] Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 37, Issue 47

Susanne Mayer susanne.mayer5 at chello.at
Fri May 22 06:50:50 PDT 2009

Sure, I know that overcooked meat is rather bland,....

I also do prefer not to overcook, but this was an advise from the hunter
himself and he said he would never eat wild boar without either cooking it
DEAD or FREEZING it dead before cooking.
And yes, all commercialy sold wild boar and slaughthered pigs have to be
seen by a vet. What ever hunter do when shooting for their own cookpot, I do
not know. So when I get a wild boar straight from the hunter  I do follow
his advise and to err on the safe side and make stew out of the meat.

Katharina