[Sca-cooks] Root Vegetable Storage

Susanne Mayer susanne.mayer5 at chello.at
Tue May 5 13:29:41 PDT 2009

 Hello all,

my Grandmother used to store  potatoes, carrots and other root vegetable it
the cellar in a sand patch (about 1x 2 meter and about 1/2 a meter of lose
sand / dry earth mix) from the harvest time in autum during winter.
So if you can store the bucket (I would take a small wash tub, the bigger
the better) in a dark, dry and cool place it should be OK. I would not sorti
somewhere warm.
Can't remeber if we had bugs in the veggies (35years ago is a long time,..)
but I know the carrots and potatoes did work and were kept for quite some
time.

Katharina
Drachenwald
Austria Ad Flumen Caerulum