[Sca-cooks] Vegetables Fit for a King article

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Wed May 6 15:26:26 PDT 2009

Resnstore.com is offering up this article this month.
Vegetables Fit for a King and to keep a king fit! /By Gael Stirler

/It includes this recipe:  *Green Beans and Toasted Almonds*

/Braising, a cross between steaming and roasting, gives these green
beans a sweet, nutty flavor that is further enhanced by a sprinkle of
olive oil and toasted almonds. I call this my Medieval version of Fried
Onion and Green Bean Casserole. This is based on a recipe from 1545 that
I crossed with another period recipe that included almonds. Other
similar historic green bean recipes include currants, sweet wine, and
butter. /

http://www.renstore.com/Article5A09.asp.

Johnnae