[Sca-cooks] pate, terrine and rillettes?

Anne-Marie Rousseau dailleurs at liripipe.com
Thu May 7 08:53:36 PDT 2009

Fun stuff :)

Given that pastez and pastry and pate all have the same roots it might make
sense that some of the meat pie fillings could reasonably be extrapolated to
a terrine like object.....

Hmmm. I'll have to do some re-reading...I could have sworn there were some
potted meat recipes (potted shrimps?) in the later Elizabethan corpus....

I'm not necessarily talking about a smooth pate...a chunky rillette would
do....

Hooray for stinky foods! :D

--AM