[Sca-cooks] Sorrel

Karstyl karstyl at gmail.com
Wed May 13 12:46:28 PDT 2009

Anne-Marie Rousseau wrote:
> yum!
>
> I always slice up and steam zuchhini, patty pans, red bell pepper layered with a chiffonade of sorrel.
> sprinkle with cracked black pepper and sea salt
>
> alternately, a traditional french potage of sorrel with creme fraische rocks the free world :)

I do have some left over sour cream . . . Not quite the same, but still
yummy.

> enjoy your windfall!

I was also thinking of freezing it, I might be doing a fancy French
feast for forty this fall. If I put it in a vacuum bag and put it in the
deep freeze it should still be good for a sauce. And I it will be a
hard-to-find ingredient then. It is just that it looks so yummy, sitting
here, that I want to cook with it.

-R-H