[Sca-cooks] A short note about medieval meals & breakfast

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Thu May 14 14:05:21 PDT 2009

In a message dated 5/13/2009 2:06:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
nancy_kiel at hotmail.com writes:

<<Could it also be referring to the canonical hour of nones?  I'm not sure
exactly what time of day that is, though.>>

3 pm, I believe.  Or therabouts.  Depending on timeframe and area, Prime is
dawn or 6 am, and then the hours go in blocks of three, so Tierce is 3
hours after dawn or 9 am, Sext is 6 hours after or noon, and Nones is 9 hours
after or three pm.

Brangwayna Morgan
Shire of Silver Rylle, East Kingdom
Lancaster, PA