[Sca-cooks] beverage ideas for a tea

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Mon May 18 03:38:22 PDT 2009

Glad that you liked the barley waters article. I find it rather an
acquired taste
but then I grew up on sweetened ice tea and  soft drinks. I tend to also
want all
drinks iced to the max.
I'll try and get it to you in a version for the Florilegium soon but I
have a couple of things
that I must finish first. I want to add back in the various parts that
were cut from the TI article too.
There was more material on modern commercial barley water that was left
out of the article.
I have deadlines approaching, so I need to work on some other stuff
first though.
I have also been under the weather with a severe sinus infection so
research and writing has slowed to a standstill.
And we are counting the days and hours until high school ends; for the
first time ever the
seniors are required to take finals and be in school clear up to the
last day when they
must attend mandatory parties and activities like senior night. There's
a lot of grumbling going on.

Johnnae