[Sca-cooks] Root Vegetable Storage

Barbara Dodge awench1 at cox.net
Sat May 9 15:29:20 PDT 2009

This was the sort of idea I was looking for.  Sort of a 5 gallon bucket
sized root cellar I guess one would call it.

A good portion of the year my spouse is out to sea with the Military Sealift
Command (Merchant Marines).  Currently he is sailing off the coast of Africa
avoiding pirates, so I am cooking for one quite a bit.  Buying onions and
potatos by the bag rather than on an as needed basis is more economical in
the long run but only if I don't have to throw them away because they have
gone bad.

Thanks for all the input.

Felicia