[Sca-cooks] Spices: a thought and a question

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Sat May 2 13:30:18 PDT 2009

I suspect the book to look at would be
C. M. Woolgar's The Senses in Late Medieval England.
Otherwise it would of course be possible to run "smell" though
EEBO-TCP and see what sources say.
If I weren't worn out from being at Science Olympiad State finals today,
I'd dig Woolgar out and see what he says in the chapter on smell and in
the footnotes..

Johnnae