[Sca-cooks] Spices in meals: a thought and a question

morgana.abbey at juno.com morgana.abbey at juno.com
Sun May 3 12:33:59 PDT 2009

This has brought back a memory of a conversation of several years ago.  The subject was, of course, the old saw about not bathing.  We had all compared notes and noticed that the only references that we had were the same:  Some courtier or other high-ranking (no pun, really) person saying "we don't labor, therefore we don't need to bathe."
This must mean that peasants were bathing.  Which we all agreed made sense.  Ever try to sleep with dirt and sweat caked to your skin?  Sure they used a basin instead of a tub, but they washed off the crud. And we noticed that those few references that we'd all found were confined to a few points in time, not "industry-standard."

Anyone else notice this, or was it a cosmic anomaly?

Morgana

In a message dated 5/2/2009 10:17:41 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,