[Sca-cooks] pate, terrine and rillettes?

Anne-Marie Rousseau dailleurs at liripipe.com
Thu May 7 09:59:05 PDT 2009

oo! I have all the Frugal Gourmet books....I'll have to look that one up! I find his stuff very accessible :)

the trick will be I think to get well versed in the techniques and proportions that work and then look at the
period recipes through that filter, if that makes sense.

each period recipe comes to us as just words. we all look at those words and come up with an interpretation
based on our experience and our knowlege of what else looks like that. we like to associate things our brain
sees as similar. I'm going to have fun trying to look at "stews" and "potages" and "forcemeats"
and "pies/pastez" through a different set of experiencial filters :)

--Anne-Marie

On Thu 09/05/ 7 09:49 , Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com sent: