[Sca-cooks] root cellars

K C Francis katiracook at hotmail.com
Thu May 7 14:33:22 PDT 2009

Yes, I saw plans for making one from a garbage can.  You almost bury it.  The top is insulated with straw and there was a couple of lift out things for getting at all the contents.  I don't have a place to put one, having only a small patio with one planter area by the house.   The community garden across the street is not an option as it is not locked up.

Just for my own curiosity I googled 'trash can root cellar' and got this site:j

http://www.earth-house.com/Disaster_Readi/Sanctuaries/Root_Cellars/root_cellars.html

with lots of info and a link to how to build one.  God, I love google.......

Katira