[Sca-cooks] May wine

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Fri May 8 07:01:25 PDT 2009

We used to make it with a German white wine, maybe a Dry Riesling???
This was back when if you were under 21 but over 18, you could legally
buy and drink wine and beer.
We used to do lots of things with wines then. Remember wine coolers and
jug wines.
Wicca101.com http://www.unc.edu/~reddeer/recipe/rec_beltain.html has
this recipe
MAY WINE  1 bottle of German White Wine; 1/2 cup Fresh Strawberries,
sliced; 12 sprigs of fresh woodruff
Pour wine into carafe or wide mouth bottle. Add strawberries and
woodruff and allow to blend for at least an hour. Strain and serve well
chilled. Garnish with thin orange slice. The strawberries add a
wonderful flavour and the woodruff adds sweetness.

Another source says 1 bottle of fairly good white table wine, not
Chardonnay, chilled.

Johnnae