[Sca-cooks] A digression on the Rochester Garbage Plate

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Fri May 8 07:34:24 PDT 2009

I'm trying to recall what they served for breakfast at the hotel we stayed
at in Kyoto...but it seems to me that there was a pot of udon noodles, and
side dishes around that as garnishes.  I seem to recall a similar setup at a
hotel in Atlanta where they were having a conference that involved mostly
Japanese attendees.

But yes, udon are thick wheat noodles and are eaten at various times during
the day.  One of my husband's favorite dishes is one that consists of udon
with sweet eel.

Kiri