[Sca-cooks] seaweed

Ian Kusz sprucebranch at gmail.com
Sat May 9 15:26:44 PDT 2009

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 2:54 PM, Stefan li Rous
<StefanliRous at austin.rr.com>wrote:

> "What about Welsh Laver Bread? Seaweed loaf.
> I was just in Cardiff for business and they sell it everywhere and
> claim that it is one of the oldest food products of Wales."
>
> You wanted another way to eat it besides in soup, how about this? Bake it
> up ahead of time and then slice some off for breakfast. I don't know if you
> are supposed to eat it with butter or kippers, though.
>

> Stefan
> --------
>   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
> StefanliRous at austin.rr.com

I looked up laverbread....the whole "frying in bacon fat" would kind of do
it for me; probably tastes good, but I'd probably die.  Too bad, too, it's
simple enough even for me.

Thanks for all the references, it's given me more material to pull from.
Maybe there's another way to do it....

--
Ian of Oertha