[Sca-cooks] Japanese breakfast

Bill Fisher liamfisher at gmail.com
Tue May 12 10:11:20 PDT 2009

It could also be the case where they had something similar, but it was so
mundane you never hear mention of it.

I mean, I'm sure John Montagu wasn't the first person to put meat between
two pieces of bread and eat it,
he's just the historically relevant figure that made it acceptable, popular,
and documented.

"I'll have what Sandwich is having!"

But it all goes back to documentation and what can be proved.  So, alas, no
medieval hamburguesas,
but if I recall correctly Platina DOES have a bun recipe with meat in it,
hardly a hamburger, but fun.

Cadoc

On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 10:26 PM, Stefan li Rous <StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
> wrote:

> It is also a good example of adapting the tools you have at hand to imitate
> what you've seen elsewhere. Unless you grew up in the culture, would it be
> obvious to add sugar and shoyu to the eggs? It wouldn't occur to me. So much
> for the "In medieval England they had chopped beef, buns, cheese and
> lettuce, so they must have had hamburgers. It is such an obvious thing to
> do." train of thought.
>
> Stefan
> --------
>   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas