[Sca-cooks] Terminology/substitute questions

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Sun May 24 14:45:30 PDT 2009

Volker Bach wrote:

> Mettwurst.
I think it better not to translate it. Its like the word 'bitifarra' in
Catalan. What more can one say in the latter case than white sausage but
no matter how you explain or name it, it is not the same.
> Mettenden

No translation in my book.
> Gretzwurst.
What are you going to say - oatmeal or green sausage or whatever? Nay. -
Gretzwurst is the word. After that you can put a coma and explain but
don't try to over translate. I know for it is a fault of my own.
Suey